For all making funeral arrangements at the moment. We appreciate that you are not only grieving, but having to cope with limitations being placed on funerals. The service that you have may be far smaller than what you had hoped for.…..
Please rest assured that regardless of the situation, we will provide you with a high-quality service and treat you with the respect and compassion you need and deserve at this time. We are so sorry to not be able to offer the service that you may have envisioned at this time.
With this in mind, please be aware of the following:
- Our staff will not be shaking hands/hugging for the time being. Please do not be offended by this.
- The current advice is for you to have a small, “committal only” service to deal with the practicalities of a cremation or burial, and to have a larger service at a later date.
- We will not be providing limousines, home arrangements or chapel services (Redhill/Dorking) for the foreseeable future.
- We will advise you on specific guidelines for crematoria/cemeteries/churches. Please be aware that some churches are not able to offer funeral services at the moment but will provide someone to officiate at a committal only service.
- We cannot allow family bearers, in line with crematorium and cemetery regulations. Unfortunately, many deceased will need to be taken into the crematorium on a wheeled bier, rather than carried. Again, this depends on specific regulations.
- Do not attend a funeral or come to any of our premises if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- We ask that you make use of the hand sanitisers around our premises and do not attend our premises in groups larger than two people.
For those who have lost someone to Covid-19, a memorial site dedicated to those who have passed from Covid-19 https://www.rememberme2020.uk/ has been created. Eventually, St Paul’s Cathedral plans to build and dedicate a physical memorial.
Stoneman Funeral Service was established in 1865 and is now a sixth generation family business
We are here to help and guide you, our advice is free and may be sought at any time. With our long experience as local funeral directors in Surrey, we are ready to act as advisers on all matters connected with funerals. The earlier you contact one of our funeral homes, the more help we can give. Burials and cremations throughout the British Isles or abroad may be arranged with complete confidence through Stoneman Funeral Service.
We believe that the funeral service should be as individual as the person who has died and therefore offer a wide choice of services which can be tailored to suit the needs, wishes and requirements of the family of the deceased.
When you feel that you are ready to talk over the funeral arrangements we will arrange to meet with you either at one of our branches, or in your home. We will then take you through, at your own pace, all that needs to be discussed, explain the procedures involved (for example registering a death, coroner’s procedure, cremation procedure etcetera), and make you aware of the choices you have, and any requirements that must be fulfilled during a funeral in Surrey. We can then make contact with the crematorium, church or cemetery authority as necessary.
In this website, we have gathered facts and information about our funeral home in Surrey which we feel will be of use when facing the daunting task of organising a funeral and dealing with the various decisions that need to be made.
It is appreciated that not all of the information will apply to your circumstances – but it may be useful as a check-list and general guide.
For the government’s advice on choosing a Funeral Director, please click here